General Skilled Migration Update - 2015/2016 Occupational Ceilings Released
Written By Dion Hawkins | Mon, Jul 6, 2015
The Australian Border Force (ABF) has released new occupational ceilings for people hoping to relocate to Australia through the general skilled migration program.
A complete list of the updated ceilings can be found here.
Some notable changes have been made to the following occupations:
• Accountants - The number of available positions for accountants has more than halved to 2525, down from 5478 in 2014.
• Dental Practitioners - Removed from the skilled occupation list.
• Panel Beaters and Cabinet Makers - Added to the skilled occupation list with 1134 and 1530 positions available respectively.
The ABF has also stated that it will be subjecting the following occupations to pro rata arrangements across the 2015/2016 financial year due to high demand:
• ICT Business and System Analysts
• Software and Application Programmers
Most other occupations have remained relatively constant with a slight increase to number for Secondary School Teachers, Early Childhood Teachers, Metal Fitters and Machinists, Plumbers and Electricians.
Occupations that have received minor decreases to occupation ceilings include Engineering Managers, Registered Nurses, Electronic Trades Workers and Air conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics.
The changes are likely to please some and disappoint others, depending on their chosen profession. We will keep you updated with changes to the occupation ceilings as they develop.
For a confidential discussion on whether you qualify for the skilled migration program, please contact TSS Immigration and speak to one of our Registered Migration Agents on (03) 9421 1020.
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.