Introduction of Validity Period for Skill Assessments
Written By Will Aldous
Mon, Jul 7, 2014
On 1 July 2014, the Department of Immigration will introduce a deeming date for skill assessments required for certain visa classes. The affect of this announcement is that all skill assessments will have a validity period of 3 years, for the purposes of visa applications, which require a skill assessment to support the visa application.
The 3 year validity period applies to all skill assessments, unless a shorter period is specified by a relevant assessment body. The assessments required must be valid at the time of application for the following visa categories:
- Direct Entry stream for the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) category (subclass 186) visa.
- Direct Entry stream for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) category (subclass 187) visa
- Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485)
For the SkillSelect stream of visas, skill assessments must be valid at the time an invitation to apply is issued by the Department of Immigration. The visas which are affected are as follows:
- Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa
- Skilled – State/Territory Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa
The changes do not affect the Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact one of TSS Immigration’s Registered Migration Agents.
Discuss the specifics of your migration situation and receive professional advice from one of our Registered Migration Agents
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.