Priority Processing – TSS (Subclass 482) Visa Applications
Written By Michael Walker | Mon, Apr 9, 2018
Is it possible to request priority processing for a TSS visa application?
In certain cases, the answer is yes.
Under the following scenarios, priority processing will be automatically provided by the Department of Home Affairs to TSS Nomination and Visa applications;
- Where an employer sponsor, under nomination, seeks to transfer an existing 457/TSS visa holder over to their sponsorship.
- Where the sponsoring employer has accredited status.
- Where the position being nominated is in a regional location.
- Nominations and Visa applications lodged under a Labour Agreement.
In these cases, processing times are currently averaging between 1 to 4 weeks to finalisation, unlike the standard processing times of 5 to 9 months.
In scenarios not covered above, it may be possible for the sponsor to make out a business -case to justify a request for priority processing. In making out a business case, circumstances which may be applicable to a genuine request would be as follows:
- Claims of large-scale contracts/projects with imminent deadlines
- The position being nominated is a key strategic management role, crucial to the implementation of the business’ current business plan (include a copy of the business plan if possible)
- The nominated person is vital to meeting contractual obligations with a client and the performance of that contract, in meeting project deadlines. (include a copy of the contract if possible – with the IP removed)
- A delay in processing of the application will affect the deployment of Australian employees, required to work on the same project.
- Provide an estimate of the Dollar cost/loss, if the processing of the visa application is further delayed.
The Registered Migration Agents at TSS Immigration have had a lot of experience and success in obtaining priority processing for clients with a genuine need for priority processing. Contact us now to discuss your situation.
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.