Written By Dion Hawkins | Thu, May 28, 2015
From 1 July 2015 Visa Application Charges (VAC) will be increasing. A full list of the new charges can be found here.
Changes of interest include:
- • A general increase of 2.3% to all visas to keep costs in line with indexed inflation.
- • A 5% increase to Temporary Resident Short Term Business and Entertainment visas, Working Holiday visas, Resident Return and Retirement Investor visas, and Contributory Parent visa streams.
- • A 10% increase to other Family (Remaining Relative, Carer and Aged Dependent Relative) visas, and (non-contributory) Parent visa.
- • A 50 % increase to the Significant Investor Visa.
- • An alignment of costs for some visas where a price difference exists between lodgement offshore or onshore.
The key message that can be drawn from the Department of Immigration changes is that if you are considering migrating to Australia or sponsoring foreign labour, it is important to act quickly to save significant costs.
One of our migration agents will be in contact as soon as possible.